A kitchen chimney is an electrical appliance that is designed to help you eliminate smoke and harmful fumes that are produced while cooking. It also absorbs oil particles that are released into the air while cooking, thus keeping your kitchen clean. Modern kitchen chimneys also improve the kitchen decor.
Use this guide to decide which chimney is ideal for your kitchen.
Types Of Mount
Choose a chimney based on the structure of your kitchen and the available space above the stove.
1. Wall-mounted Chimney
Baffle Filter :-
- Best suited for Indian kitchens due to increased use of oil and spices while cooking.
- Uses overlapping layers of steel/aluminium to change direction of airflow in order to separate grease and spice particles from the air.
- Suction power is not affected even if oil is collected in the first layer.
- Needs to be cleaned on a regular basis for optimal performance.
- Made up of multiple layers of aluminium mesh which have tiny holes to trap particles and purify air.
- Oil and other particles cling to the mesh as the air passes through it, boosting the purification process.
- Must be washed with detergent on a bi-weekly basis to keep filter functional or it may get clogged.
- Features a layer with charcoal granules which effectively eliminates odor.
- Mostly optional, this filter is used together with either baffle or cassette filters.
- Needs to be replaced every 3 to 6 months depending on intensity of cooking.